If you have problems with your weight, diet can seem like a daunting task. In order to make a more manageable diet, look for small steps that you can add to your daily routine. One way to lose those extra kilos is to increase the intake of water and fiber. Fiber is a food to lose weight, fiber contributes to a greater sensation of satiety and is an appetite suppressant. Drinking water also increases the effect of feeling satisfied but without the calories contributed by the fiber.
Steps to follow:
1. Look for high-fiber foods when choosing what to eat. Foods rich in fiber include fruits and vegetables, such as black beans, raspberries and artichokes. Also look for whole -grain breads and pastas to meet your fiber needs. Some breakfast cereals also contain large amounts of fiber. When shopping, read the nutrition label of foods to ensure they offer enough fiber.
2. Consume at least 20 grams of fiber per day. If you consume a high-calorie diet, then you should consume a large amount of fiber. Fiber is a natural appetite suppressant. Eating fewer calories, usually results in weight loss. An additional advantage of fiber is that it controls blood glucose levels, which helps control weight.
3. Drink water before each meal to reduce the number of calories consumed in the meal. Although the water admission requirements will depend on the person, doctors recommend between eight to nine cups. If you are trying to lose weight, try drinking half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 90 kilos, your water consumption should be approximately 2.8 liters.
4. Add a fiber supplement in the water you drink before the meal to create an appetite suppression. The combination of fiber and water will make you feel full, and this leads to eating less of the expected food.
5. Be sure to drink plenty of water when taking fiber to avoid constipation. Fiber is a filler substance and water is necessary to transport the substance through your digestive system.
- Try one of the fiber powders of many tastes found in the market. Mix these powders in sauces, soups and stews to increase the fiber content of these dishes.
- Gradually increase fiber grams to 20 grams a day. Too much fiber at once can cause digestive problems.