The chia seeds have become a recurring supplement in low calorie diets suitable for losing weight healthily. They suppose a very rich source of antioxidants, omega 3, vitamins and soluble or insoluble fiber, which prevents the accumulation of fats and toxins in the body, in addition to other benefits such as the reduction of cholesterol and triglyceride levels. If you want to know more about this natural product and include it in your weight loss planning , pay attention to the indications in this article about how to lose weight with chia seeds .
Steps to follow:
1. There are many healthy properties attributed to chia seeds, but let’s see which are those make it a favorable natural product to contribute to weight loss and include it in low-calorie diets.
Stands out for:
- Accelerate the metabolism, thus promoting the burning of fats and preventing their accumulation in some areas of the body.
- Create a feeling of satiety and moderate appetite by making us eat smaller amounts of food.
- It facilitates the process of digestion of food and regulates intestinal transit thanks to its fiber content.
- Prevents the formation of localized fat and helps maintain a firmer and smoother skin, as it is a powerful natural antioxidant.
2. The chia seeds can be consumed in various ways, but when the goal is to shape the figure and speed up weight loss, it is recommended to consume 2 medium tablespoons of chia seeds a day, not exceeding 25 grams. Ideally, take them 30 minutes before lunch to make the most of their benefits, and it is best to do so at breakfast and before dinner. You can also start by taking a single spoonful and double this amount after a few days.
3. To lose weight with chia seeds you can prepare it in the following way: add the tablespoon of chia seeds in a glass of water and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. You will see that a kind of gelatinous paste has been formed that you must take along with the seeds, although if you prefer you can grind the chia seeds before preparing them or buy them directly ground. We also recommend that you preferably dilute the seeds in mineral water, avoiding the tap since they could lose part of their properties.
4. And if this option does not convince you, you should know that chia seeds can also be consumed along with other foods or beverages. You can add them to yogurts, healthy juices, salads, soups, creams, vegetable milks … and all those healthy recipes that you have included in your diet to achieve weight loss.
5. Do not forget to accompany the consumption of chia with the intake of 2 l of water daily to ensure that the seeds fulfill their function in the body and, of course, combine a healthy diet with a routine of physical exercise, since otherwise it will be impossible to lower of weight and avoid the so-called rebound effect of diets or radical thinning plans.