The cucumber is one of those versatile products that can eat all possible ways: in salads, as accompanying the main dish, the pasta, mashed with yogurt … and even some people will check the gintonic cucumber. But in addition to offering us so many possibilities in the kitchen, the cucumber has a lot of positive qualities.
Steps to follow:
1. With 90% water, cucumber is one of the foods richest in water and helps us hydrate. It is a good complement to achieve the necessary daily hydration, especially in the hottest months of the year.
2. This high percentage of water helps us eliminate toxins. Absorbs everything our body does not need, like a vacuum cleaner, and eliminates it. Cucumber and cucumber water (water, cucumber and sugar) help eliminate kidney stones).
3. But not only is it rich in water, the cucumber has very few calories which makes it a food present in many diets to lose weight. Its high fiber content also helps to improve our digestion and regulate intestinal transit, avoiding chronic constipation.
4. It contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. For example, vitamin A, B and C, that we consume daily. Did you know that cucumber skin contains 12% of vitamin C that we should consume every day? As for minerals, it has a high content of silicon, magnesium and potassium, which among other things tone, soften and improve the appearance of the skin.
5. Another benefit of cucumber is that it is anticarcinogenic. On the one hand, it contains lignan polyphenols (pinoresinol, lariciresinol, secoisolariciresinol) that help prevent cancers of the breast, uterus, ovary and prostate; and on the other they contain cucurbitacins, some phytonutrients that have also been found anticancer properties.
6. We have already said that cucumber is rich in B vitamins, including B1, B5 or B7. Among the many properties of these vitamins are the relief of anxiety and the reduction of some harmful effects of stress, so it is perfect to live a more peaceful life without excessive nervousness.